My Blog List

Saturday, March 05, 2016

A safe place for a child.

After I came home from my therapy, I  tidied up the kitchen and living room.  I got myself a cup of coffee and sat down in my chair and looked outside.  The door in the kitchen was open so I could hear the song birds singing I thoroughly enjoyed that!  I decided the boys were going to have pizza for supper. Zayn had a day off from school and Walker's home .  Walker is a patient,  funny, loving uncle. All Walker's friends have patience with him too.  He spends a lot of time in Walker's bedroom on the PlayStation, iPhone, tablet or laptop. I will hear them laughing, and caring on most of the day. Losing JayJ, my 30 year old son has had an awful toll on Zayn, ( JayJ and Erin's son) and me and Walker. Zayn knows Grandma is his very own secret keeper. I loved and adored my granny! My aunt Joan and my granny was my safe place. I was loved, fed, summer days filled with laughter I'm was safe and happy.

4 comments:

S. J. Qualls said...

It will take me a while to become familiar with the people you talk about. I am sorry for the loss of your son. I cannot imagine losing any of my children, even if I am not on speaking terms with all of them right now.

The innocence of childhood memories. I cannot think how I would feel if I knew the garbage that went on back then. It's best we don't know, right?

Gabrielle Gengler said...

My daughter, Peggy has been married to Brian for 11 years. I have two grandchildren Jasmine who is 10 and Blake is 7. She has rarely spoken to me 11 years. My grandchildren from her and Brian don't know me. I have reached out to her in so many ways. I miss her so! Losing JayJ to alcoholism at the young age of 30 has been horrible. It's a nightmare I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. The 2 year anniversary will be here in May. I seem to be coming out of the dark cloud from seeing him on life support for 10 days before he died. I still weep numerous times weekly. I have my beloved memories and I cherish them and my grandsons Zayn and Atlas and his wife Erin. We do love our children even if sometimes it's from afar.

John Gray said...

My grandmotherwas my safe place as a child

Gabrielle Gengler said...

Lovely memories John..